Saturday, May 4, 2013

Let us Love One Another

"Behold, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
John 4: 7-8

The annual Family Valentine's Day celebration is one of our favorite family traditions. We set the mood with candles, decorations, a pleasingly prepared dinner, a scrumptiously decadent dessert, and games/activities that increase relationships and get the LOOOOVE flowing. We try to make a big deal for Valentine's Day, for God is love; let's celebrate loving one another!

One of the few times we get out the fine china.

Ready to eat...close your mouth, buddy (blue shirt)!

The kids love making name tags and we have to have candy on the table. This is a great opportunity to teach them how to properly set a table.

Love those fun and free printables

Course #1

A certain sentimental soul got out the goblets from our wedding...

Love that these brothers love each other

Happy Valentines Day to my Valentine

I love taking pics with my kids. Note the Christmas cards still up in the background.

Love this crew! We enjoyed a meal of Swiss Steak!

Our son had his own idea for Valentine's Day - so he ditched out early...

...for a fun Valentine's Date. Love the Pink!

Texas Sheet Cake: Sam+Julie = N.A.O.B.S.B.J.A.


A sweet Valentine gift from my son!

Gotta have flowers for the day of LOVE!

Yes, you are sweet!
This event is not one where Mom does all the work. That doesn't fly at our house. One year the boys help to prepare and serve the meal and the girls help to prepare and serve the dessert. The next year we switch. It's a group effort so everyone feels a part of creating a tradition of love. 

I love my family so much...they are everything to me. Each Valentine's Day I give a special Valentine to my husband and children. It's become another tradition - one I started when our oldest was 6 or 7. I specifically list the qualities I love about them. I hope they are saving these Valentines and will be able to look to them for an assurance of the love their mother has for them. 

A few of the cards over the years...
I feel it important to tell your kids and spouse you love them every day. Don't be afraid to speak these words because they will ring in their hearts for years to come. However, I firmly believe it is vital to leave a written record of your feelings for those you love. It's something tangible they can look back on for their lifetime. These records are important family history documents as well. I cherish the "love letters" I've received from my parents and grandparents and hope my children will have the same experience. 

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...