Friday, February 4, 2011

A Butterfly Birthday

I think I will always be amazed at how simply one can put together a fun birthday party with little stress and little money. My sweetie pie turned seven last week and we had a "family" party. She was insistent that we still have a theme, even though it wasn't a "friend" birthday party. Butterflies. That was her theme of choice. What could be more perfect for a cold, cold January birthday?
She designed her cake on a piece of paper. With a few candies from the store and some bright food coloring gel, we pulled this off...


- Used my favorite program, Print Shop, to design a quick banner...
- Wrapped presents with Costco's reversible and colorful wrapping paper...
and printed out dozens of butterflies to decorate the house (as seen in the various pictures).
- Invited the cousins over and played the candy bar game - a favorite. This time we used snack size candy bars - less expensive and more to go around.

Most importantly: Lots of love!

 

Don't forget the princesses:

Happy Birthday to my little princess. I hope your day was filled with butterflies to last you all year long! Loves!


More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us celebrate with you! She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss you guys so much! Wish I could have been there to celebrate! Happy Birthday to nee-nee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet girl. You look so cute and grown up! Love the butterfly theme!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...