Thursday, February 3, 2011

Media Fast - Day 2

Observations for day 2 of the Media Fast:

1. The kids are really trying. Our stalwart Jazz Fan was dying to know the score of the game last night. He realized the only way to find out was to call a friend of his, but it was too late. He had to wait until this morning to hear the outcome. Also, last night, our four oldest children went to a youth activity. They were in other people's cars who turned on the radio. Two of my four kids told me that they politely asked for the music to be turned off. They had the opportunity to talk about the media fast. They promptly replaced the music with religious music.
2. My daughter sang a church song all morning as she was getting ready for school. Usually, I hear a "popular" tune. Love it!
3. Do you have any children that tend to clash? We have a pair...12 year old boy/17 year old girl. This morning I found them on the same couch together, half asleep/half awake. When they realized I was taking their picture, she quickly covered up. I don't know if this kind of togetherness has ever happened before...

4. When Buster Brown wakes up, he likes to veg in front of "All About Cars & Trucks" or "Veggie Tales". This morning, I found him doing this...
Wow, a book. What a concept! We don't need to watch Larry Boy to be entertained.

5. My nine year old son got all of his homework and chores finished by dinner time. Awesome!! He wanted to play a game with me...Life. That doesn't work very well with a 2,4 and 6 year old so I gave him a rain check.

6. When the kids found out that I ALWAYS turn off the radio when I'm driving in the car by myself, they were shocked. "It's one of my few moments of quiet", was my response. No music while driving in the car hasn't affected me. However, I have noticed more conversation in the car because of it.

Good Stuff!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...