Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Supervise and Support the Snowy Service

Shoveling snow...it's kind of therapeutic. It gets you hot and sweaty and sore. But truthfully, I'm glad I have three big boys and two big girls who can do it now so I don't have to!! Our first (and only) big snow of the season was a few weeks back. It was a Sunday morning so we had time to actually get out there and shovel. Or, I should say that my boys had time to get out there and shovel. 
I'm a firm believer of working together on projects. The project is completed more quickly, you learn to work with another, conversations and interaction take place, memories made with another build love and unity with that person....wow, good stuff! 
The little guy had to be part of the action, too. Little people don't want to be left out! I was part of the action by watching from the window. That's a nice (and warm) way to supervise and lend support...

"You're doing great, boys. Keep it up!"
"Don't stop now. There's plenty more to shovel."
"I like those smiles and hugs. Give me more!"
Who can resist that darling little marshmallow?
On another note: when you encourage service it starts to "stick" and becomes tradition. Every time they go out to shovel, they always hit another house, too. Maybe it's not the service that drives them, but the chance to play in the snow a little longer. Plus, Mom's heart melts and she tends to reward them with hot cocoa, piled high with whipped cream! I know, it's a hard job...but somebody's gotta do it!

More to come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...