Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas - Bushman Style

Stars were gleaming, shepherds dreaming, and the night was dark and chill.
Angels story rang with glory, shepherds heard it on the hill.
Ah that singing, hear it ringing, earthward winging, Christmas bringing...
Hearken we can hear it still!
Stars were Gleaming

My daughter had the opportunity to befriend a girl from Germany when she came to visit for a few weeks at the beginning of the school year. They are keeping in touch through amazing modern technology. A couple weeks ago she asked my daughter for some photos of how Americans decorate for Christmas. We took the opportunity to record, via photo, all of our Christmas decorations. It's not just beginning to look a lot like Christmas....it DOES look like Christmas, and I LOVE it!

Since I'm a "Baer", I've always loved bears, so we have a Christmas Bear collection, with a Snoopy, pig, penguin and moose thrown in!

Our treasured Christmas Mouse House from Grandma

This Christmas jewelry tree is made from Great Grandma Pearle's jewelry. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! The first six stockings were all hand-made. The last four...well, it's called reality!

I Believe in Santa Claus! There are my precious and priceless Santa Claus Dolls!

This Nutcracker Advent brings much joy to little hands when they find a little treat in each box.

Our Christmas Advent Calendar, courtesy of Grandma.

Do you see what I see? A gift from a dear friend...

Snowmen! So many of these things were made by my sister-in-law!

Love the Christmas placemats made by Grandma! We now have a gorgeous poinsettia in the center of the table from my wonderful friend.

Just some of our Christmas story collection

Can't forget the outside! Garland and bows...

A Different Perspective

Our little Christmas house...

My new nativity this year...courtesy of Sam (all the way from Alaska) Story for another time!

Nutcrackers and Nativities

More Christmas Stories

Christ Was Love (Christmas Love)

LOVE those Nativities

Bushman Family Christmas Memory Tree

Memories of Grandma - quilt and pillows courtesy of her!
Everyone has their own Christmas decorating style. I feel blessed that my "style" is courtesy of so many wonderful people in my life. My home right now is full of love and memories which makes Christmas even more special!!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...