Thursday, December 13, 2012

The 5:49 AM Wakeup Call

Midnight...
Mom is given a request.
Has the Mom lost her memory?
Daughter truly thinks so. 
When the dawn comes
The memory just might be there.
Thus, a cute sign... helps her out!
(Think Cats)

D#3: "Mom, will you wake me up at 5:49 AM? I have to finish my homework."

Right....she's 8 years old, going to bed at 10:30 PM and she's going to get up at 5:49 AM? I've been surprised before, but I'll be really surprised if this really happens. 

Mom: "Honey, that's pretty early. Are you sure?"

D#3: "Yes, Mom. I need to catch up on my work from being sick."

Mom: "OK, I'll try to remember."

I always use that disclaimer so if I don't wake them up, they will recall that I warned them of my inability to remember due to Mom-Overload.

As I was going to bed, I discovered the following:

In my Bathroom

On my Dresser
 She didn't want to rely on my memory! She was really serious about this!

This morning, I found these:

On my Desk

On the kitchen cupboard
At 6:00 AM, I made my way to her bedroom. I was a little late 'cause I was sleeping at 5:49. This is what I found...


I tried to wake up Sleeping Beauty...Nothing! She wouldn't budge. I decided to take a video to prove that I indeed did try to wake her up as requested.

An hour later I tried again. I told her I took a video of me waking her up. She watched it and we laughed when we heard the root-toot-toots in the video. She got up at 6:49AM. Only one hour later!

Thoughts:

  • When your child is serious about something, try to accommodate. Even if she doesn't respond, at least she'll know you made the effort for her.
  • The signs worked! She is brilliant!!
  • There is something so peaceful about a sleeping child. It's just wrong to wake her!
  • We really need to go to bed earlier!
  • So happy that she cares enough about her school work to get up early and work on it.


Thanks for the memory-jogging tool, sweetie. Now, how do I remember all the other things I need to do today?

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...