Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas from the Heart

 From the Heart
A thought comes to mind; you ponder it.
The scope takes its shape; you do not quit.
A coy smile shows and excitement spreads,
For the perfect gift is just ahead.
Are sewing, photos, writing, searching
Part of the gift oh, so worth giving? 
Creative thought and desire true
Make Christmas special for me and you.
Time and love freely spent and given
Will surely go with us to heaven!
- Julie Bushman

This Christmas was truly one from the heart. Gifts given and received were extra special because of the time, thought, and effort put into them. I have written about this before, (Gifts of Love) but must do so again.

I was especially impressed with my children's efforts to give gifts from the heart. When I witness such beautiful tributes, it's a Mommy-Moment that makes it all worth it. You could say it's payback time or voluminous validation. Whatever the case, I encourage it and love it!

Thank you to the beautiful people in my life who take the time to give gifts from the heart. I love you all!

Gifts From the Heart...

My daughter's fiance created this beautiful collage, wrote a poem, and pressed a rose from their engagement.
 
My son gave his three youngest siblings a gift of time - movie and an ice cream outing.
One of my amazing Laurels gave a generous gift of time and created this beautiful sketch (right) of the photo on the left.

We gave it to our "other Grandma" for Christmas.
Big brother willingly helps little brother build his new catapult. Gifts of effort, time, love and willingness.
Squares designed three years ago for Grandma's 80th birthday...

...were sewn together by my daughter for one of her Personal Progress projects. Merry Christmas, Grandma!
Mom typed up letters my Dad wrote years ago to his parents and gave us all a binder filled with memories and family history. What a blessing to read some most precious words and feelings! Love this beautiful give from the heart!
Older brother is leaving for two years and can't take his iPod Touch. He made one 14 year old boy very happy with a gift of generosity and thoughtfulness!
My boys' Great Great Grandfather, John Bushman had his own brand for his cattle ranch...

Grandma gave all of my boys a pin with his name and brand. TREASURE!!!!
Older sister...

Creates custom tea set for little sister...real china plates and cups.
Bonding experiences and great memories!

She loves her "glass" tea seat!
A copy of our traditional 24 days of Christmas book for the soon-to-be wedded!
A search by one daughter to several DB stores in Utah County for this plaque to go with our picture of Jesus Christ. "Christmas is the Season. Jesus is the reason."
A darling photo book of our Alaskan cruise from my sensational sis!

A beautiful book from two beautiful ladies I LOVE!

Books from my childhood!
The Alaskan Nativity from Sam. I saw it in a small shop in Ketchikan, Alaska but didn't make the purchase. He sent my brother back to get it for me. It was carried by my sister from Alaska back to Utah. Sam presented it to me at the beginning of the season to enjoy all December long. What a beautiful, thoughtful gift from the heart!!
 ...and so many more from amazing people in my life. Bless another with a gift from the heart!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...