Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love Begins

My Definition of a Good Movie (in no particular order): 
Family values
Clean language and dress
Interesting plot
Recognition of God in our lives
Fun humor (but clean)
I do not hesitate to watch it with my children
Keeps my attention
Quality acting and cinematography
Focuses on overcoming or succeeding
Brings my family together
Some action and suspense
Shares an uplifting message
Gives me a break from the craziness of life
Provides an excuse to eat popcorn and treats

When I find a movie that includes all of the above, I have to share it.





For anyone familiar with the Love Comes Softly series, this is a must see. If you have not heard of nor seen the series, check it out! It's available at Amazon.com. The original movie, Love Comes Softly, is about a father named Clark Davis who loses his wife and is left with a daughter to raise on the frontier. Meanwhile, Marty (expecting a baby and just arriving in the area) loses her husband in a freak horse accident. Clark asks her to marry him so he can take care of her and she can take care of them. Yes, it sounds strange but you just have to see it. 

Love Begins is the story of the young Clark Davis, how he meets his first wife, Ellen, and how he develops into the faithful man he is in Love Comes Softly. This movie is romantic, suspenseful, funny, plot-rich, extremely family friendly, and clean. My children loved it (even the boys) and we have enjoyed sharing it with others. I enjoyed this story because it shows a man of responsibility, maturity, hard work, and respect - all traits I want my boys to develop and that I want my daughters to look for in a future spouse. It displays the principles of forgiveness and second chances - traits I want all of my children to understand and apply to their lives and that help us realize the Lord's forgiveness of us all. 

Valentine's Day is coming up...consider this beautiful movie to celebrate the love in your family.

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...