Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This Phase shall Pass

Mom, please hold me. Don't get mad.
Give me a hug and talk to me softly.
Rock me back and forth and tell me it's OK.
Please, just give me some love and attention.
(The thoughts and feelings of a 5 year old, possibly?)

My five year old is going through something. What that something is, I'm not sure! Crying, yelling, tantrums, frustration, and disobedience seem to be the norm right now. I've been very observant through the situation and have noticed that if I get upset with him, raise my voice, send him to his bed, or another similar action, the outbursts become worse and the behavior intensifies. However, if I pick him up, hold him, cuddle him, be patient, talk to him quietly, give love and more love, the sadness and frustration melts away quickly and the situation is over and done with. Then, when the emotions are not so high, we talk about the behavior and what can be done to change it.

Note to self: when tensions are high and negative behavior is seen, remember to hold, to hug, to talk softly, to give love and attention. And, remember that it's just a phase and it will pass. In the mean time, remember what a fabulous, fun and fantastic boy he is...

Sporting his new sunglasses, robe, and PJ's
My shepherd cuddling my angel
Scumps, Scumps, Scuuuuuummmps!
One Favorite Thing: Being a Rock Model
My Knight in Shining Armor (sans armor)
Just too precious!!
ANIMAL!!!!!
Smiles for his Mama

I love you buddy boy! - Mom

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...