Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm Bald - New Family Photo


I was holding my youngest near the family photo on the wall. 
She pointed to herself and declared, "Look, I'm a baby and I'm bald." 
Time for an updated family photo!

Every few years that time rolls around. I tend to stress about it 'cause I want it to be just right. We don't update our family pics every six months or every year. So, when the 2 year mark hits, I start imagining the locale, the clothes, the formations, the color scheme, etc. Thanks to my amazing friend and photographer, she makes it easy and comfortable and casual. She even finds the right place! However, I still have to decide on what everybody wears and with ten people, that's not an easy task.

I usually start out by looking at the wardrobe of each person in the family (our wardrobes are not that extensive!). What colors do the majority of the people have so I don't need to go out and purchase a new outfit for everyone. That gets pricey in a hurry! Next, I think, "If I do need to purchase, what items is so and so low on that she could really use?" I hit the clearance and sale racks to find inexpensive adds, searching for little accessories or extras to give the right touch. 

Help, I just can't find this or that. Solution: Borrow! This time around, I could not find something to wear for yours truly. I thought of a good friend of mine who has a dress that would match perfectly for the photo session. She was most gracious (pneumonia and all) when I called her (interrupting her son's birthday party) to beg for the use of her dress for an afternoon. Luckily, we're about the same size (well, I don't know that either of us would say it's lucky...we'd rather be a size 6!).  Oh, good friends...always there when you need them!

Once the clothes are found and the outfits coordinated, Mom can relax until the day of. Once that day comes, be sure there is enough time to get everyone ready without stress. Stress is a mood killer and an interrupter of quality family time. I was proud of myself! I put everything else aside two hours before we needed to leave. I assigned the little girls to the big girls for hair and primping. The little boy was assigned to a big boy for hair and last minute needs. I got ready in plenty of time and even prepared snacks to bring along to distract the grumps. 

On the way to the photo shoot, Mom gives her usual lecture about cheerfulness and cooperation. "If everyone quickly smiles, stands where they're told, puts their hands and feet in position, tilts their head, and is happy, the experience will be much faster...and, if we're fast, we'll have enough time to stop for ice cream afterward." It worked! Our youngest had one little fuss, but I whipped out the snacks and she was immediately happy. Note that all of our children can be reasoned with (or bribed) as we don't have any under two anymore. In less than two hours, we were finished, including my son's senior picture shoot. And the photographer was still smiling! So was I. And yes, we stopped for ice cream (and burgers, and cheese fries)!

Because of preparation and amazing talent from Cioco, here's the end result....



Reminds me of a Pride and Prejudice Background

Nice and Cozy

Eight and Eager!!

Fifteen and Fantastic!

Nineteen and Independent!

Seventeen and Ready for the World!

Ten and Excited about life!

Yes, you do love each other!

I love the ATTITUDE in this pic. Especially, little guy!


20 Years

Three and Precious!

Five and Full of it!

LOVE this!! She finally got up...with help!

My Beauties!

Thirteen and Terrific!

A Lewis and Clark Moment

Little Sis looking up to Big Sis - in so many ways

Nobody will ever know the reason for this snapshot!

My Cool Dudes
My Treasures!!

Yes, I'm happy....I do LOVE the photo results, but that's not my true happiness. Ultimately, happiness comes from having family to love and being loved right back. I love my crew!

Make family photos an important part of your family traditions...'cause you can never go back!

More to Come....but until then, Stick-to-it!

2 comments:

  1. I love these pics! They do look wonderful and I almost cry looking at all of the kids and how much they have grown. Thanks for sharing. Glad I know you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! The pic of A and j going on the path could be a metaphor for life, with the older showing the younger the way. Ultimately we all know j needed to go potty. ;)

    Love you all so much. I feel like I practically raised them myself, albeit VIA "distance raising"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...