Monday, June 11, 2012

"They call her love, love, love, love, love"

Child: "Can I buy this necklace for myself? 
Please, I have my own money....see?"
(Pulls money out of purse)
Mom: "Are you sure that's what you want to spend your money on?"
Child: "Yes, I'm sure."
Mom: "OK...but be sure you take good care of it!"
Child Thinks to Herself: "Yes, it worked!"

"They call her Love, Love, Love, Love, Love"
This is the conversation that occurred the Saturday before Mother's Day. We were at the store and my sweet daughter wanted to buy a necklace. Little did I know that the necklace was not for her.

The next day was Mother's Day and while opening my Mother's Day gift, I was given a small package from this same daughter. I opened it up and it was the necklace that she bought for herself, or so I thought. 

The laughter commenced; she was so happy with herself that she had pulled one over on Mom...and it worked! I had no idea!! What a thoughtful gift; not just the necklace, but her creative and generous mind to get a gift for Mom right under my nose. I will forever treasure this precious token from my sweet girl! 

Not only is it a reminder of my daughter's love from me, but it encourages me to Choose the Right - CTR. Sometimes we think of this phrase as one for Primary age children.  However, I need this reminder just as much, or even MORE, than these children.

My Surprise Mother's Day Necklace

My Clever, Creative, Loving, and Thoughtful Daughter!
I love it! Reminds me of the song by Parachute Band: "They call her love, love, love, love, love."

Love you, sweet pea!! I look forward to the next surprise. Knowing you, it's right around the corner! 

My Stick-to-it Tip Today: Make a big deal about these tender moments. Let your children know how much you LOVE it and appreciate it. Take pictures, write it down, talk about it, cherish it.

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...