Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Laugh your way through the Booby Trap

“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. 
You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” 
 Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I took this advice last night when I went to the kitchen sink to get my last drink for the night. My son was asking me some questions and standing right by me. I turned on the faucet and water started spraying both of us. Quickly turning off the faucet, I tried to make sense of what had happened. The source of the spray was the sprayer, with elastics tied tightly around the button, engaging it for an attack on the innocent victim. I fell into a booby trap! 

Yes, I was quite startled. In fact, for a moment, I was rather annoyed. Then my son started laughing. Then I started laughing, not because I was drenched, but because he had created the booby trap and he got trapped by his own contraption! It was meant for someone else (probably me), but he fell victim, too. 

I love the above quote by Marjorie Hinckley. It's so true - crying does give you a headache. So laugh about it instead of crying or getting angry or upset. A moment like the faucet could have gone sour in a hurry. Instead, it will be a memory for a lifetime. Oh, and two can play that game! Look out, buddy...I just might burst your bubble!



More to come...but until then, Stick-to-it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...