Friday, September 28, 2012

Be Patient: It Comes Around

"A Chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!"
My Grandmother....Kay Baer

This brings me joy! It's as simple as that!


My mother instilled in me the love for See's Candies since I was a small child. I knew what good chocolate was and there's no comparison. I still remember going with my mom to the little See's store on Lakeshore Ave. in Oakland, California. The cute little ladies in their white and black dresses always tried to give me a sugar stick. I knew better and wanted the real thing!

My grandmother loved chocolate as well and had a big box of See's at every family gathering it seemed. Oh, I couldn't wait for that box to "come around", hoping one of my favorites was still there for the taking.

And so the tradition has come around, passed down to my children who each have their favorite See's chocolate. Whenever I go, I try to bring them back a piece of their favorite choice. One daughter loves Lemon Truffles, another Scotchmallow and Milk Bordeaux. Two children always choose the Milk Cherry Cordial which I can't understand. Daddy has his favorites. The little people don't care; they just want to be remembered. Each feels very special when Mom gives pieces of this little bit of heaven.

Last night my oldest daughter was on a date with her "friend". They had stopped by the mall to pick up some of her favorite See's Candies. This morning she handed me a bag from See's with two of my favorites: A Scotch Kiss and a Bordeaux Bar. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness!!! She remembered the joy she felt upon receiving a special See's from Mom. She has beautifully grown up, showing her maturity by returning the joy to me. 

Love them both, but I love the girl more!!
Motherhood consists of simple joys. This was one of them. Sometimes it takes a while for the me, me, me attitude to shift to you, you, you. Be patient! Just like the box of chocolates....it comes around!


More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...