Monday, September 24, 2012

Pass the Pigs

"Oh, Wow, Look at him now...Zuckerman's Famous Pig!
Zoo-Wee, What do you see? A Famous Hog in History.
Fine, Swine, Wish he was Mine...What if he's not so big?
He's some terrific, radiant, humble, thing-a-ma-jig of a pig!"
Charlotte's Web

Ever since I was the narrator in our school play, Charlotte's Web, I have liked pigs. Now, I'm not overboard like my good friend, Kristin. She has the super-mega pig collection! However, I can't resist that cute little baby pig that Fern saved from her father's ax. 

I love games! I especially love games if they're easy to setup, easy to learn, quick to play, young-children friendly, and simple clean up. Give me those parameters and I'll love it forever! Add in a pig, and I'll like it even more.

One of our family favorites is a game called Pass the Pigs. It consists of two, small, rubber pigs that are thrown like dice. The position of the pigs upon landing determines how many points the roll is worth. For example, if one pig is standing and one pig is on it's side, that's a 5 point roll. The first player to 100 points wins. 


My three youngest children played this game last night. It was so amazing to me that my 8, 5, and 4 year old could get this out and play together with little to no help from me. Now that's the kind of game I like! Not that I'm against playing or helping, but it's good for them to be self-entertained. I see far too many children who are dependent on Mom for their source of entertainment. Sadly, no matter how much I like games, I do have other things that have to be accomplished. 

I couldn't help myself; I had to take some photos of my kids playing Pass the Pigs. After looking at the pictures, I've determined that I need a new camera. My request has been passed along to the Bushman Family Top Dog as a Christmas suggestion. Note to Self:  The three month Christmas countdown begins tomorrow, September 25th. Just a bit of anxiety!






I've decided to purchase another set to keep in our car or in my purse for those moments when an activity is sorely needed. Yet another benefit of Pass the Pigs...it's portable!

Pass the Fun along by playing Pass the Pigs. They are cute little things...if you like pigs.  Oh, Wilber!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...