Tuesday, November 13, 2012

If it's Meant to Be, it's Up to Me

JOY
J - Jesus
O - Others
Y - Yourself
Keep it in that perspective and let the joy overflow.
 

I tend to refer to my life as "joyful chaos". After thinking about all that has gone on over the past three days, I think that's pretty accurate. 

Saturday
Exercise
Trip to SLC in the snow to the Apple Store
Costco shopping spree on a Saturday. Now that's brave!
Deep Cleaned and organized the pantry
Down to BYU for the Boy Scout Pow-Wow
Three sons to the BYU Football Game
Daughter works concessions at the BYU Football Game
5 Loads of Laundry washed, dried, folded, put away
Deep clean of the family room
Cleaned the kitchen and living room
Made dinner and hosted friends Saturday night
Baths for all little kids
Programs printed for the fireside on Sunday night
Prepared lesson for Young Women

Sunday
Finished lesson for Young Women
Help daughter with Primary Talk
Church
Teach Lesson
Daughter's face swells from serious infection
Run to Walmart for emergency antibiotic
College son brings his brothers home
Make dinner for all of my children!
Choir Practice
Daughter off to two musical practices
Prepare for Fireside
Go to Fireside

Monday
Exercise
Kids off to school
Work
School
Setup new computer for Work
Trip to SLC to delivery computer
Spend hours getting a UPS printer to work
More Work
Help daughter and her boyfriend make dinner
Do all dishes
Family Home Evening
Kids to Bed

Today I feel grateful for my chaotic, but joyful life, and the people that made all of the above possible.

I find joy in making our health drink in the morning.
I find joy in helping my daughter and her significant other make dinner.
I find joy in doing my daughter's hair.
I find joy in helping my son with his Power Point presentation.
I find joy in trying to keep up with my daughter's schedule.
I find joy watching Sam climb in the back seat to play with the kids on the ride home. 
I find joy that my son did not claim the money "owed" after betting that Romney would lose.
I find joy in folding laundry with my cutie pie.
I find joy in teaching my son how to read.
I find joy in Family Home Evening even though it was CRAZY last night.
I find joy in helping my son prepare for his mission.
I find joy in serving in the church.
I find joy listening to the stories, jokes, thoughts, and experiences of the day. 
I find joy that my children go to sleep so nicely listening to the Mormon Channel Scripture Stories.
I find joy in assisting my husband with providing.
I find joy in making my children a lunch every day to take to school.
I find joy watching my children perform.
I find joy in knowing my family is there. They are my life! 

A few years ago I attended a church meeting where a lady from our Stake spoke about joy. She quoted her mother, "Joy: If it's meant to be, it's up to me."

Today's Stick-to-it Tip: Everyone is busy. Everyone's life is relatively chaotic. However, we can find joy in it if we choose to. It's up to us!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...