Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The 8 Steps Addendum


Dear Son,

Thank you for waiting to throw up until 30 minutes before my alarm was set to go off, instead of at 2AM! Many thanks for throwing up in one spot on your bed. The cleanup was so fast and easy. Also, thank you for hitting the spot in the MIDDLE of the mattress. The times when your siblings made my life miserable by throwing up in the corner of the bed by the wall still haunt my memory. Pulling the bed out and scrubbing all the way down to the carpet is something I never want to repeat. I love you and hope you are feeling better really soon!

Love,
Mom

So during this latest escapade, I recalled a few things that I left out in my past post, How to Deal With Throw up in Eight Dreaded Steps.

1. When you put your child in the tub, make sure the puke bowl is within reach. Thankfully, I thought to put it next to him this morning and what do you know, he needed it two minutes later. So grateful for that inspiration! There's nothing worse than having to drain the tub and start all over again. Wait, there is something worse....it's the puke down the side of the bed thing.

2. My sister recently gave me some bedding she was getting rid of. It included a REALLY NICE mattress pad so I put it on my son's bed. When I took off the soiled blankets after the ralph-accident this morning, the mattress was totally clean. I'm a believer now. Invest in waterproof mattress pads! I still sprayed the mattress - mainly to get rid of the smell in the room. What a joy not to have to scrub a mattress, not to mention keeping the mattress soil-proof!

3. DoTerra's DigestZen is amazing to help soothe the stomach. Put a drop under the tongue and also dilute with fractionated coconut oil to rub on the abdomen. What would I do without this? 

6 family members down. Hopefully, no more to go!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...