Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude Gushing

It's November - a month to celebrate gratitude. Let me begin by saying I'm grateful for my daughter who turned 14 yesterday. More about that tomorrow...but what a way to start out the month!! 
For Family Home Evening last night, we had a lesson on gratitude. For the activity, we lined up everyone in the family on top of butcher paper and outlined their body from the waist up. We drew a heart and then each person was given the task of writing what they're grateful for, as well as the action they would do to show gratitude for that item. It's good to be grateful, but how we show it is even better.
Our butcher paper was so long...it took up the entire length of the Family Room.
Here I am...with my typical "hands on the hips" stance.
You can't read my heart...but I'm grateful for Family and I will show it by being more kind and loving. Our butcher paper is so long that we'll have to cut it apart to display it. Each child will hang it in their room for the month of November to help them remember what they're grateful for and how they'll show it. Thanks to Uncle Bob for the lesson and activity idea. (We have an extended family FHE each month)

Need a system to help keep your Family Night organized? Try the Stick-to-it Family Night Chart!
 

In church on Sunday, we had talks about gratitude. One of the talks mentioned little things she was grateful for...I loved it. Here are some of the "little things" I feel gratitude for:

Kids who share their Halloween candy, warm slippers on a cold morning, avocados on top of taco salad, Jules Gluten-Free baking mix, nieces and nephews who give me big hugs when they see me, write-downables, hugs from my hubby, circus peanuts, a clean kitchen floor, Grandma taking my little kids every Wednesday afternoon, a hot shower, watching my boys play basketball, sisters who know me and love me, sharing jewelry with my daughters, whipped cream piled HIGH on hot cocoa, movie nights with popcorn, Yahtzee!, temples, my funny brothers, my baby FINALLY consistently smiling for the camera, Halloween is over, laughter, kindness, mashed potatoes with lots of butter, work, hot fudge on a spoon, obedient children, goodly parents...  

I could go on and on...maybe I will, another day. Express gratitude to your family today. Give them a hug and savor the moment...Do some Gratitude Gushing...

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...