Friday, November 5, 2010

Take my own Advice

I went downstairs to wake up my son this morning, because he tries to go to the gym every morning at 5:00 AM. It was 5:45 and he was deep in sleep. I really had to do some shaking to wake him from his sweet dreams. I asked him if he was going and he said, "Oh, I'm just too tired." 
How do we get our children to slow down a bit and get the rest they need? They stayed up late last night to finish homework and to help me clean the house in preparation for a birthday party tonight. When they try to burn the candle at both ends, it results in this during family scripture study:

I left out the picture with the drool...
Even the baby, at two years old, is having issues. She is stubborn and won't take a nap most days so the end result is this:

If you can't tell, her dinner was lasagna, bread and corn
The problem is, I do the same thing. I get up so early so I can get to my main priorities before children wake up. Then, I stay up late doing the things that need to be done that I couldn't get to during the day. No, I don't have a picture of me sleeping.

I guess this is just a reminder to try and slow it down. Cut something out, turn the lights off early and get some extra rest. Now, I just need to take my own advice and encourage my kids to do the same....

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

1 comment:

  1. True that! I am taking the week off of getting up early. I do it most other weeks. It feels good to get more rest then just do the best you can with the time allotted during the day rather than try to burn the candle on both ends. DD

    BTW love the picture of the two year old!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...