Friday, November 19, 2010

Sweet and Sour

I have to credit this blog post to my amazing sister who shows so much love, kindness, gentleness, and compassion to her children. One of their traditions is at the family dinner table each night. They take turns telling each other their "sweet" and "sour" of the day. A sweet could consist of getting 100% on a math test, spending the afternoon with a friend, watching the BEST movie, or winning a football game. A sour may be slipping in the mud, getting stung by a bee, someone being mean at school, getting a C on a grammar test, or a yogurt exploding inside their lunch box. Whatever the case, it gives the opportunity to count your blessings together and mourn together. Thanks, CG, for such a great tradition. My kids came home from your house ready to talk about their sweet and sour of the day. 

Today's Sweets (I can't just mention one): 
Sending my son off on his first boy scout campout, watching my other son score 12 points in his basketball game, out to dinner (Mexican!!) with my one and only, and having a friend in the neighborhood just stop in to see how I'm doing.





Today's Sour:
Half of my children (literally) sick with strep...again. (This one is so bad that I need only mention one sour).

By the way, not only is she an amazing mother, she makes a mean sweet and sour chicken dinner! Remember your sweets and sours...

More to come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...