Thursday, September 23, 2010

Take a Number

How many requests did I fulfill yesterday? How many tasks did I complete? How many needs did I meet? There is no way to keep track...but it was A LOT!!!!! Afternoon/evening is crazy at our home. EVERYONE wants Mom's attention and EVERYONE wants it at the same time. 

"Mom, can you help me with my memorization?"
"Mom, I don't understand this math."
"Will you read me this book?"
"Guess what happened in Spanish today?"
"Can I go to my friend's house?"
"Honey, can you help me with something?"
"Mommy, sippy?"
"Mommy, I can spell tractor."
"Mommy, what is this?"
"Mom, can you get me my towel?"
"What do I use for my hair?"
"Can you print this out?"


Wow! I'm tempted to instigate a numbering system. 


 
Everytime I hear "Mom", I'll respond with "Take a Number". I'll install one of those ugly DMV numbering screens, and I'll sit at the counter and fulfill requests. No talking out of turn, no butting in front of someone else! No more whining that this person or that person interrupted or "I was first"! Wait for your number and then your next number and then your next number. How many numbers would I go through? Hey, that's a way to figure out all the requests I fulfill each day!

In all seriousness, it does get overwhelming. I feel like calling, "Calgon....take me away." 
But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Bring on the requests...I'm ready!

More to come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

1 comment:

  1. That is how I feel with teaching. All my students asking me things and me repeating things ALL the time. Good prep for motherhood I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...