Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Terrific or Terrible: It's all the way you look at it

To me, it's terrific. To the world, it's terrible. What am I talking about? The terrific (or terrible) twos. I learned this philosophy from James Dobson of Focus on the Family. He refers to the two year old stage as the Terrific Twos!

Sure, some days it feels terrible but for the most part it is terrific! My sweet two year old is a sponge - soaking up EVERYTHING. She loves to look at books; in doing so, she asks what each item is. She repeats everything we say, even the not-so-nice words that my other children say. It's all about discovery; a terrific time for their bodies to grow, their minds to expand and their independence to shine.

Soaking up life!


My daughter has learned in just the last few months to get herself undressed, get herself redressed, maneuver each variety of shoe on and off, wash up after meal time, move an item over to the front door to stand on so she can unlock the door (YIKES!), climb up onto the bar and push buttons on the microwave, start the dishwasher, buckle her carseat, and so much more.

I love the hugs and the cute facial expressions and the new words she's learning. I don't love the fact that she just threw all of my filing off the table and onto the floor or when she jumps into the bath water with her pajamas on. I try to remember: she's learning and exploring and discovering. It's all the way you look at it - attitude is everything. Enjoy the Terrific Two's while they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...