Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You get what you get.....

My six year old daughter had a major fit last night during Family Home Evening "treat time". She felt she didn't get enough candy on her ice cream sundae. Wow! The well known phrase at our house, introduced to us by my wonderful friend, came to mind...

"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!!!"

I have used this motto for years and I LOVE it. If my kids whine about it, they know what they're going to hear. I think it really comes down to gratitude. Are you grateful for what you did get? Are you thankful that you received some ice cream and it did have some candy on it? Focus on what you did get and be grateful!

No, our ice cream didn't look this fancy. We had hot fudge though, so there!
So, she was told that she could leave the room until she was under control. She got under control right away. There's something about being dismissed that my children just don't like. They WANT to be with the family, and for that, I'm grateful. (I'm also grateful for the extra candy I received ... 'CAUSE I'M THE MOM!!!)

More to come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...