Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The 11th Birthday Tradition

Eleven is Heaven, for you get to go...
...to dinner with those who love you just so!
Grandma and Grandpa, Mama and Dad...
A birthday full of memories so rad!

For my 11th birthday, my parents took me out to dinner with my grandparents. We went to the Hungry Hunter Restaurant and I thought I was soooo cool. With just the five of us, we dressed up and enjoyed a night on the town. I declared that night that I would no longer remove the potato from the skins. I was eleven now so I would start eating the skin of the baked potato - that is, if slathered in tons of butter, salt and pepper. My grandparents and parents gave me lots of attention, making it a very special day. I remember it well...and that's saying something.

My Eleventh Birthday Entry in the Scrapbook I made in High School. Too bad my parents were not in the photo!
It was such a special occasion that when my oldest daughter turned eleven, I wanted to start up the tradition with her parents and grandparents. So we did, and it's continued on to child #5! 

#5 - July, 2012

#3 - November, 2007
#2 - August, 2005

#1 - March, 2004

#1 - March, 2004



#4 - Reality Happened (Dead Camera Battery)
December, 2009
He's "Hugging his Grandma Baer"

2009 - Fun with Grandma with 1 - 8, (and a few extras)
I hope these experiences will be fond memories for my children, too. Turning eleven - a special day in our family!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...