Friday, July 13, 2012

EEEEEEEEa-sy?

"Summertime........and the livin' is EEEEEEEa-sy"
George Gershwin - Porgy and Bess

This is the first song that comes to mind when I think of the word, summer. My amazing, opera-singing friend sang this in our Gershwin Review in high school. Her gorgeous voice goes through my mind as I think of the lyrics to this song. But alas, I highly disagree with the premise of this classic, for summertime for me is not an EEEEEEEEa-sy time of year.

I've explained it before...so I won't explain it again. But, you can read up on my summertime philosophy, here: Turn "What Can I do" into Summertime Service

Being a full time, working mother at home, it's not an EEEEEEEEa-sy thing for me to keep up with all the activities that my children want to do OR the tasks that need to be accomplished.

So, I have assigned responsibilities to my children to help take the load off...

School Time - This is an important part of summer for us, because learning does not go on hold for three months. Thus, to make my life more EEEEEEEA-sy, I enlist the help of my older children to tutor my younger kids in math, reading, writing, etc. 

My eleven year old is taking it easy, lying on the couch, as he helps Buddy-Boy with his math.
Meal Time - Summertime brings more time than normal, so let's be productive, helpful, and learn while we're at it! Assigning the responsibility of making dinner to my children is the best thing for making my life EEEEEEEa-sy.

Lovely Ladies in their Aprons
Fun Time - With my current circumstances, I can't be the one to always take the children out for an activity. So, again, enlist my big kids to do fun things with the younger children.

Kidnapping Brother on his birthday for an afternoon out. (Little sister was scared as they were tying him up)
ZEBRAS!!!!!
I love not having to go in the pool every time!
Yard Time - Trying to get the yard together is a formidable task. It's definitely not EEEEEEEE-asy! Have everyone pitch in!



Thanks to these great kids for making our summer a bit more EEEEEEEa-sy. We still have lots of fun family time!

Planet Play

Dance Party: "Eat-it!"
Lovin' this cute foal!

Patience and a smile for the Mare
Cousins AND the Easter Bunny
Good times with "The Bear"
If you don't understand the EEEEEEEa-sy reference, you just need to listen to the song. Hopefully, you'll find a way to make your summer a little more EEEEEEEEa-sy, too!

More to Come....but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...