Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Pearles" of Wisdom - Part 2

PEARL (noun) something precious or choice; the finest example of  
anything: pearls of wisdom.  (www.dictionary.com)

Back in January, I posted the first part of "Pearles" of Wisdom. Life happened and I never finished this series of posts. I can't let these amazing bits of wisdom escape so I'm moving forward with part 2...

11. Sin will keep a man from prayer. Prayer will keep a man from sin.  
Amen! 

12.  Even on the right track, you will be run over if you just sit there.
Teach those children to be engaged in a good cause, moving forward, progressing, and hard working!

13. I make a list of things to do, and when at last my list is through, I check the items and review them, whereon I'm far too tired to do them. ~ Richard Armour
I'm definitely a list maker, but alas, my list is never through!!

14. Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
I LOVE this. Be willing to do what the Lord guides you to do.

15. Six days a week the devil works, works overtime on Sunday;
And then he's ready once again to go to work on Monday;
So if all evil you would shun and keep your conscience level;
You must begin at early dawn and work just like the devil.
Yes, begin with prayer and scripture study to combat the buffetings and to handle the crazy day that always comes.

16. When you get to heaven, you will likely view many folks whose presence there will be a shock to you;
But keep it very quiet, do not even stare. Doubtless there'll be many folks surprised to see you there.
Judge not...plain and simple

17. Success comes in cans, not can'ts.
More to come on this one. My son's recent trip to DC comes to mind. So much to write about!!

18. A sabbath well spent brings a week of content and strength for the work of tomorrow;
But a Sabbath profane, whatever the gain, is a certain forerunner of sorrow.
Keep the Sabbath Day Holy. Lots of ideas for this one, too!

19. Your life's before you like a field of snow; Tread carefully, for every step will show.
I thought of Good, Better, Best when I read this quote. I want the best to show!

20. I eat my peas with honey; I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife.
I don't like honey, but I do like peas. I'll eat my peas with butter, salt and pepper, thank you.

More "Pearles" of Wisdom to come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...