Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Make the Bed and Save Someone, Too

"Your room is never clean until your bed is made." ~ Mom

Mom, I made my bed this morning - right when I woke up. Aren't you proud of me? Yes, this is a miracle! For years, there always seemed to be a child in the bed when I got up for the day. Some days the bed would get made, other days, not so lucky. 

Things have changed. Children have grown and sleep through the night. No babies right now - our youngest is almost FOUR! It's easy to toss up the covers in the morning... when it's empty.

I do have a bigger incentive to make my bed thanks to some amazing ladies in my life. My mother, sisters, daughters and niece all surprised me for my birthday with a redecorated bed. I was totally surprised when I walked into my bedroom and saw this gorgeous sight...

New sheets, blanket, bed cover, pillows, towels, and pictures
It's very difficult to surprise me, but I must say, I had NO idea!! What a thoughtful and delightful birthday gift. They saw a need and fulfilled it. They gave me a gift that I will always remember, for it was not just a physical gift, but one from the heart! Thank you, thank you for making my birthday so special and giving me something to look forward to every morning...making my bed so I can see this beautiful display daily!

Me and the kids enjoying the new setup!
I wish I had a group bed photo of all those who participated. You know who you are and I love you for who you are!!

Last night in our devotional, we read a General Conference Talk by Elder Rasband called Special Lessons. I love this quote:

"If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if they need help—or would it be better to just jump in and save them from the deepening waters? 
The offer, while well meaning and often given, “Let me know if I can help” is really no help at all."

Today's Stick-to-it Tip: Like my family who saw a need and fulfilled it, jump in and save someone today. Don't ask what you can do to help, just do it! By seeing this example, your children will learn and embrace this important lesson as well.

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...