Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blessings Amidst Bed Wetting and Dumb Dogs!

Who let the dogs out??
Will the dogs on 100 West please give me a break??

My oldest daughter came home late last night in a mood to talk. Both of her parents were already in bed. She proceeded to flop down on the bed, in between us like she did when she was little, and talked and talked. For 90 minutes she told funny stories about her day, talked about her latest crush, laughed, teased, and joked. Unlike most nights at 11PM, I was rather awake. I enjoyed the fun banter, the witty humor, the jovial mood, and the pleasant conversation. Dad was somewhat out of it this time; usually, it's the other way around. After an hour and a half, we kicked her out, well, kindly kicked. It was a delightful, late night treat which doesn't happen as much due to her crazy work schedule. I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face.

I woke up to the following:

My youngest wet the bed
A neighbor's dog got into our trash cans on the street - garbage EVERYWHERE
My son's allergic rash is worse - his face is so swollen with little eyes in there somewhere
I have a horrible back ache - virtually no range of motion when I move my head
My three oldest children are gone
Deadlines, galore

However, I have been blessed today with...

A neighbor who informed me of the garbage problem, a son who was willing to go clean it up, and the same neighbor out there helping as well. 

Feeling prompted to call the allergist who is always several months out. She had a cancellation today and can see my son.

A daughter who offered to make breakfast - pancakes even. She made the batter, cooked them, flipped them, and served them!


A back rub from the pancake chef. So sweet!

A chance to go to lunch with my husband today.

Memories of tender moments last night with my beautiful, fun and CRAZY daughter.



Yes, life is great!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...