Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Pearles" of Wisdom - Part 5

PEARL (noun) something precious or choice; the finest example of  
anything: pearls of wisdom.  (www.dictionary.com)
 
Part 5 of Grandma Pearle's Wisdom:
 
41. God has included you in His plans; Have you included Him in yours?
This is a WOW quote. It really makes you think about letting God in and allowing him to lead your life. 
 
42. With all they getting, get going!
Use your blessings to help others along the way.

43. When you make a mistake, God doesn't say, "Go to your room."
He says, "Come unto me."
This is another beautiful quote that makes me think about the way I treat my children. I recall the blog post I wrote back in January, This Phase Shall Pass.  Also, my husband's philosophy, Belt Loop.
 
44. We pay tithing not because we have money, but because we have faith.
Yes, and that faith gets stronger as the blessings pour in from paying tithing!
 
45. The smallest package in the world is a person wrapped up in himself.
We can't give of ourselves if we're all wrapped up in the ME factor.
 
46. The ten commandments are not multiple choice.
We don't choose which commandments to keep. We try our very best to obey them all!

47. Plan your work and work your plan.
I've always wanted to start my day with a list of things to accomplish and then work the list. I usually have a mental list but writing things down has power. However, sometimes the list makes us non-flexible and not willing to be guided by inspiration.

48. You can accomplish a lot of good if you don't mind who gets the credit.
I agree, Grandma. Serve without worrying about getting credit for it. "Let thine alms be in secret". 

49. Happiness adds and multiplies as we divide it with others.
Little children are such an example of this principle...whether it be joy or service or sharing or kindness.

50. Life is fragile; handle with prayer.
Life is too precious not to!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...