Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Pearles" of Wisdom - Part 4

PEARL (noun) something precious or choice; the finest example of  
anything: pearls of wisdom.  (www.dictionary.com)

Part 4 of Grandma Pearle's Wisdom:

31. An exercise you can do with ease - Put your foot in your mouth, without bending your knees.
Be oh, so careful of what we say!

32. Most footprints in the sands of time were made by work boots.
Go to work and teach your children to do the same!

33. A little learning is a dangerous thing - but it sure beats total ignorance.
"The world of opportunity lies ahead of you, and education is the key that will unlock that door." ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

34. Two men looked out of the self-same bars. One saw the mud, the other the stars.
Perspective! How do we teach proper perspective to our children? Do they realize all their blessings or do they see the things they don't have?

35. Some of us need a "faith" lift.
I truly did a Lough Out Loud when I read this one. Yes, MOST of us need a "faith" lift.

36. Procrastination is a silly thing, it only bring me sorrow;
But I can change at any time. I think I will - tomorrow.
I used to be the ultimate procrastinator. The busier my life gets, the less I seem to procrastinate. Prioritizing becomes a must-do!

37. Young people sow wild oats, but old people grow sage.
I want to grow sage but I don't want to fall into the old people category just yet!!

38. Vice is a monster of such hideous mien, that to be hated needs but to be seen;
But seen too oft, familiar with its face, we first endure, then pity, then embrace. ~ Alexander Pope
Stay away from temptation! Do not first endure or you may just yet embrace.

39. Bad habits are like comfortable beds...Easy to get into, but hard to get out of.
This is so true - from little kids sucking their thumb, to spending too much time on the Internet. Lesson - be mindful of the habits you're leaning toward and get out of them before you're too comfortable.

40. The gospel is beautifully simple, and simply beautiful.
AMEN! Click HERE to learn more!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...