Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Watch your Words and "Stick" to your Guns

"Oh, the kind words we give, shall in memory live!"

My words are alive and well in the memory of this cutie!

That's the sass I'm talkin' about!
Yesterday, I was working with my three year old to empty the garbage cans in the house, one of her responsibilities. I was holding the trash bag for her while she fetched the various garbage cans around the house. I set the bag down and asked her to go get the cans from downstairs. She didn't like this plan. Using the logic learned from her mother, this is how the conversation went...

Cutie: "Mom, you have two choices. Hold the garbage bag and then I'll go and get the trash cans."
 
Mom: "That's only one choice." (Not like I need her to give me two choices)
 
Cutie: "No, two. You hold the bag, and I'll go and get the trash cans."
 
Mom: "No, that's only one choice. You need to go and get the trash cans and then I'll hold the bag."
 
Cutie: "Mom, if you don't choose, I will choose for you."
 
 
Wow - the things I say to my children really "Stick". Proof right here that the "words we give shall in memory live" - good or bad. Let's hope it's the former. 

By the way, I won. This is the rest of the conversation...
 
 
Mom: "OK, you have two choices. Go and get the garbage cans or you can take a nap."
 
Cutie: After thinking a moment, "This is so boring!" (Which older sibling did she learn that from?) She marched off to get the cans. Another successful obedience lesson!

 
Today's Stick-to-it Tips: Watch your words and "stick" to your guns!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...