Monday, August 6, 2012

The Perfect Birthday Gift

Rub-a-dub, dub
A girl cleans the tub..
And who do you think she be?
A friend who is awesome, thoughtful and kind
For a certain birthday girl, me.

Do you have a friend's birthday coming up? Are you looking for a birthday gift for someone that has everything? Tired of giving the same old, same old for a loved one's birthday? My friend gave me the perfect birthday gift...

She's awarded the Best Friend and Bathroom Cleaner Award.

... she showed up on my porch with a bag full of cleaning supplies on my birthday, ready to clean my bathroom. I laughed and she laughed. At first I told her, "No....just come visit. You don't need to clean my bathroom." However, she insisted so I obliged. When someone wants to serve you, do you deny them the blessings that come from that service? Yes, I was embarrassed that she saw my dirty bathroom. But then again, I knew she understood and didn't care. If she had, she wouldn't have volunteered her amazing bathroom cleaning skills!

She was very in tune that day. I remember her calling me on the phone in the morning to wish me a happy birthday. Somehow, the topic of my dirty bathrooms came up. She latched onto that thought and formulated her plan for a perfect birthday gift.

It truly was a perfect birthday gift. Why?

1. I was able to visit with my friend.
2. I received a super-clean bathroom.
3. I got to take a picture and write a blog entry about it.
4. It was such a surprise that I will never forget it.
5. It was something I really needed.
6. She sacrificed her time for me. Time is valuable and she spent it serving me.
7. She set an example for her children.
8. She set an example for my children.
9. She got me thinking about the gifts I give and why I give them.
10. I felt loved, and a friendship grew.

It doesn't have to be a bathroom. It doesn't have to be cleaning. Come up with that perfect birthday gift they will always remember...one that comes from the heart.

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!


1 comment:

  1. I think about doing this for people sometimes, but then I chicken out because I'm worried about their reaction. You have a great friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...