Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Who you Callin' Chunky?

 Not what I imagined for a Mother's Day poem....
but hey, it made me laugh!!

Yes, Mother's Day was a few months ago. However, I was reminded of this poem by my son yesterday when he started quoting it in the kitchen while I was preparing dinner. 

Mother's Day Poem

A mother is a funky thing

Even if she is a chunky thing.

She always makes me cry

When she says bye, bye.

She goes out with Dad,

And that makes her glad.

I love her so;

She reminds me of a doe. 

When I read this poem, I could have cried...."My son just called me a chunky thing." But I didn't! Instead, I laughed so hard; the smile on his face was priceless! I was so touched that he took the time to write a poem and add some good humor to it, too. His Grandpa would be proud!!

The Poet with "The Chunky Thing"

Raising Stick-to-it Kids takes a sense of humor. It will save you when you feel like you just can't do it anymore. Baby Ruth, anyone??

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...