Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Averted or Accomplished? Think Contentment

Handing me an eggroll, my sweet little guy (5 tomorrow!!) asks, 
"Mom, how many points is this?"
Wow, is Weight Watchers consuming the life of my five year old, too?

So I've been using these a lot lately...


...and eating a lot of these...

Although, I prefer "Lightly Salted"
Focusing on Mom makes a lot of other things go down the drain. Like this:

My laundress moved away!

Or, you rely on a three year old to clean the living room:

Love the pillow configuration!

So that's how she does it...stuff it all under the couch
I've come to the conclusion that when Mom makes her well-being a priority, other aspects of home and family life are going to suffer. There is just not enough time in the day to do EVERYTHING. 

I try waking up earlier. Well, I just have to go to bed earlier. I try setting a goal each day to accomplish something that I don't think will get done. Great idea! However, then someone is sick or the dishwasher isn't working or your child's ear gets blasted by a bike pump (story for a later day).

So, what is it going to be today? Is the goal going to be accomplished or averted? Either way, I try to find contentment in what is achieved and avoid looking at the disasters that will just have to be saved for another day. Off to fitness class...

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...