Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lose Teeth and Master Money

The note was written on the computer.
This same note was printed and put under her pillow.
The next morning, she excitedly found and read the note.
I forgot to close down the program on my computer.
Of course, she saw the same note on my computer screen.
"It's you!!!", she delightedly exclaimed.

Yes, I am my kids' tooth fairy! The above vignet really did happen several months ago. I can't believe I didn't close down Print Shop where I had written a cute little note to my daughter from the Tooth Fairy. 


I knew she was already a bit suspicious so I freely told her that I am indeed the Tooth Fairy and she was sworn to secrecy.

Sunday night she bravely pulled out another loose tooth, on her own.


She pulled me aside and whispered, "Can you come tonight?"

Truth be told, I'm not very good at playing Tooth Fairy. She usually doesn't appear for a few days, sometimes a week. I finally get to the point where I have to email myself a reminder. Is it old age or just so many people to manage that my memory can't hold it all? Hopefully, the latter! As far as the reward, the later I am, the more my kids receive to make up for the tardiness. The usual loot is a dollar per tooth plus a candy bar or some gum; this turns a traumatic experience into a delightful one. 

My niece just lost her tooth and her mother explained on Facebook about her "Tooth Fairy" moment, "The tooth fairy left coins for her to count and keep. When she masters counting them she promised to bring another surprise."

I LOVE this! Use every moment to teach. What a great idea to encourage her daughter to learn money counting skills. She's motivated to practice so the Tooth Fairy will bring another surprise. However, there's one flaw in this logic... the Tooth Fairy has to remember TWICE per tooth, not just once.Oh boy, more remembering.
The Tooth Fairy has not visited my sweet girl yet, so, I'm going to use my sister's idea and get the money counting mastered!

Help your child on her way towards mastering money with the Stick-to-it Money Management System. 


See how Tooth Fairy coins and dollars can be turned into big savings over time...that is, if the Tooth Fairy gets with it!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...