Monday, September 12, 2011

Supervision by A Brain-Dead Mama

"A burger, some fries, a shake to eat;
It will really and truly be a great treat!
So, come and share in all the fun,
But Mom will be there so walk, don't run.

My 14 year old daughter is a delight, a pure joy! 


She is dedicated, responsible, fun, obedient, self-governed, kind, and helpful. I'm confident with her choice of friends and happy with the activities they choose to do. However, that doesn't mean that I'm fine with no supervision, especially when boys are involved!

A few months ago she asked if a group of her friends could go to the local burger 'n shake spot, JCW's. Sure, why not? It's a group of kids, a NICE group of kids...let me know the logistics.

My daughter soon informed me that one of her friends could not go if there was no adult supervision. Of course...why didn't I think of that? "Brain-dead" moment. Brain Dead or B.D. I'm thankful to that mother who took a stand and woke me up a bit. Yes, they're great kids. However, they're still young and especially when the genders are mixed, supervision is best! 

We don't want any of this going on...

 So, I got the privilege of playing supervisor. It really was a fun job...


It's good for our youth to learn about and interact with the opposite gender. Let's just make sure it's at the right time and with the proper supervision. Hopefully, I can avoid more Brain Dead moments in the future...

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...