Friday, October 22, 2010

Patient Persistence Pays

Oh, the dreaded morning drink - a healthy concoction of what Mom thinks is needed for her children's wellness. 






My oldest seven have learned to just down it and get it over with. The baby has been a different story...until recently.

Let me start over. It's really great tasting. It's pink, not green. It's cold and smooth. It's made of orange juice, carrot juice, apple juice, spinach, banana, yogurt, cod liver oil, flax seed powder, protein powder, salt, Vitamin C powder and frozen berries. You want some, don't you?!

For months I've been giving our two year old her "drink". I only give her an inch full. For months she pushed it away and wouldn't drink it. I persisted. I put it in front of her. She pushed it away. I asked her to try it and tried to help her. She pushed it away. I haven't forced - how do you force a two year old to drink something anyway? I've patiently and consistently persisted and now we have SUCCESS!

"I don't know if I can do this..."


Thinking about it...

"Here I go..."
Success!!
"Not too bad..."
Don't you love the scribble on the table? I consider it my memory table...more about that later. Have a child who won't try or do something? Patient Persistence Pays! How do you like that alliteration?

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...