Saturday, October 30, 2010

Speaking of Traditions...

With Halloween tonight (in our area, the neighborhood celebrates it on Saturday when it falls on Sunday), most people have carved their pumpkins and are ready to light them in just a few hours. We are usually at that point as well...but not this year. I don't really like Halloween anyway, so I'm not sad that we haven't carved any pumpkins. My children haven't mentioned it either so I don't feel guilty. What I'm really trying to say, is it's OK to skip a tradition. Don't stress yourself out because you haven't planned the annual Halloween party or didn't send out Christmas Cards. Don't feel guilty if you didn't dye Easter Eggs or frost sugar cookies on Valentine's Day. Sometimes life happens and to try to do it ALL makes life CRAZZZZZY!!!
In the past two weeks I have dealt with strep throat in six of eight children, one of the children breaking out in hives after taking amoxicillin. He has had them for almost a week and they're still giving him fits. Now that same child is flat on his back with a fractured leg (it's a mystery how that happened)! No, I'm not carving pumpkins and I don't feel badly about it! We were lucky to just make it to the Harvest Party last night with everyone in a costume (except for the injured one and our oldest daughter who cheerfully agreed to watch him). Trick-or-Treating tonight will be the bare minimum for our little ones. Take pictures, have fun, no guilt and move on!Since we don't have any pumpkins carved on our front porch, I'll reminisce a little:

2009
2009
2007
 Well, look at that. No carving in 2008. I guess that was another off year.

2007
2006
2006
2004
2003
2003
2002
That's good enough. Besides, all of my pictures pre-2002 are not digital...another project for another day. After looking at these pictures, I'm quite glad I don't have that mess to deal with this year. Off to console a miserable little boy instead...

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...