Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Whether they like it or not!

Whether the weather be fine or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather, whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not.
Author Unknown

This is dedicated to my family and friends on the East Coast who weathered the weather, whether they liked it or not. So glad that everyone was safe and virtually unaffected!

I do enjoy this little poem; it's one that all of my children have memorized while learning to read. Hearing quality poems, literature and songs from my children's mouths is much more enjoyable than ridiculous, nonsensical ditties that children bring home from school or the neighborhood social hour. "I see London, I see France" does not belong in our family's repertoire. Yes, they probably know it but I don't want to hear it! Let's encourage more elevated thoughts and vocabulary in our homes!

Looks like we'll be weathering some hot weather today. However, it's better than a hurricane. Wait, by the looks of my house right now, it may have just have been hurricane-struck! Do I need to start singing: Clean-up, Clean-up, everybody, everywhere. Clean-up, Clean-up, everybody do your share? Don't like the ditty, but I like the concept...whether they like it or not!

More to Come...but until then, Stick-to-it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...